Just a Must is casting for the English language premiere of Dead at Last, No More Air by the award-winning Austrian writer Werner Schwab.
The text is translated by Meredith Oakes, directed by Vanda Butkovic and designed by Simon Donger.
We are looking for performers who have an interest in contemporary European post-dramatic theatre practice and enjoy working with challenging non-traditional text.
1. Theatre director, male 40-50 years old
2. A corpulent playwright, male, 50-60 years old
3. A camp stage designer, male, 25-40 years old
4. An actress/Minister for the Family and the Environment/ Pensioner , female, 50-60 years old
5. An actor, male, 50 – 60 years old
6.A young actor/Homeless man, male, 22-35 years old
7. Young Actress / Pensioner, female, 22-35 years old
The first round of auditions will be on 19, 20 and 22 March followed by second round workshops on 25 and 26 March 2014.
Rehearsals will begin on 1 April 2014 in London and finish on 4 May 2014.
The show will be performed at the following venues:
6 – 17 May 2014 Tuesday-Saturday at Camden People's Theatre (London)
30 May – 1 June 2014 Friday – Sunday at the Warren (Brighton)
If you're interested please send your CV, headshot or anything else that might benefit your application to Berislav Juraic at performers (at) justamust.com.
The production is supported by Austrian Cultural Forum London and presented in association with Camden People's Theatre.